Our laser processes our customized for both rigid and flexible circuit applications. Most every possible PCB material stack-up has a laser parameter set or recipe maintained in a material database for quick setup and delivery.
PCB Laser Applications
Micron Laser Technology is experienced with all conventional dielectrics and chemistries used in rigid multilayer PCBs, FPCs, rigid-flex printed circuits, ceramics, and high-frequency materials. These may include Kapton™, polyimide, FR4, Isola, Getek, Nelco, Hitachi, Rogers, Gore, RCC, LCP, ceramics, speedboard, Teflon, Mylar, Duroid, acrylics, Ultralam, PEEK, PTFE, and FEP to name a few.
For a more detailed listing of laser compatible materials used in PCB manufacturing, click PCB Materials.
MLT PCB Laser Process Advantage
- Microvia Vision Inspection
- Advanced uVia Diameters Less than 25um
- IPC Standards High Density Interconnect Types
- Via Trax ™ Technology for Target Pad Surface Texturing
- Lot/Panel Scale Reporting and Analysis for Drill Optimization
- Large Via Process Technology that Inhibits Target Pad Delamination
- Alignment and Scale Methodologies for Minimal Annular Ring Requirements
CAD or Data Requirements
Multiple CAD tools and custom file converters enable PCB laser programming from customer-provided data. Most laser drilling, routing, and skiving applications can be generated by DXF, DWG, Gerbers, and Excellon drill file formats. In most cases, non-scaled data is required as MLT will make the appropriate scaling or offsets to meet part dimensions.
If concerned about compatibility of your data format or CAD/CAM tool, please contact MLT Sales for more information. For more CAM/CAD guidelines and detailed requirements, click CAD Requirements.