Prepregs and Laminate Cores
A prepreg is a system of fiberglass impregnated with resin. The resin and compatible glass styles are determined by what properties are required for a specific circuit board design. Prepregs and laminated cores are also available in High-Tg and halogen-free types.
Copper Clad Laminates:
• Rolled Annealed (RA) copper = Smooth surface ideal for FPC.
• Electro-Deposited (ED) copper = Standard shiny copper, copper tooth (rough)
• HTE = High temp elongation shiny copper, copper tooth
• RTF = Reverse treat, low profile copper tooth
• DT = Double treat copper, no black oxide needed
• Cu weights – 1/8 oz. (5μm), 1/4 oz. (9μm), 1/3 oz. (12μm), 1/2 oz. (18μm), 1 oz. (35μm), 2 oz. (71μm), 3 oz. (107μm)
Coverlays and Bonding Adhesives:
Kapton® -DuPont’s trademark for polyimide film
Pyralux® -DuPont’s trademark for flexible circuit materials (Cu clad laminates, coverlays and bonding adhesives)
Coverlay –Kapton coated with adhesive on one side (insulating material that is applied over a conductive pattern)
Bondply –Kapton coated with adhesive on both sides
Copper clad laminates:
Adhesiveless – AP (excellent thermal, chemical, electrical, & mechanical properties)
Acrylic Adhesive – LF (High Reliability) Aerospace, – FR (Fire Retardant) Commercial Grade, UL 94 V0
Stiffeners: – Epoxy-glass (FR-4), polyimide-glass, polyimide, copper, and other mechanical support material.
PSA (Pressure-sensitive adhesive): 1 mil (25μm), 2 mil (50μm), 5 mil (125μm)
Rigid-Flex: – FR4, Polyimide, RF Materials – PTFE
FR4 all types
Rogers (Duroid & Teflon)
Woven Glass (106,1080,2216,2213,2313)
FEP (fluorinated ethylene propylene)
LCP (Liquid Crystal Polymer)
PPE (polyphenylene ether)
Please contact our sales staff if you have a specific material you want to laser or any questions about capability. Below are quick links to product selector and material guides for common PCB materials.